The Charity Club of Pattaya is a small club, founded on July 1st 2004 by Christina and Malcolm Boden and assisted by their Treasurer Vic King and their Isaan Representative Peter Rottmann.
The mascot for the Club is a character who goes by the name of Bertram. He has a fine wardrobe of custom made t-shirts that he he is proud to wear when he attends fundraising events and is dearly loved by all.
The aims of the Charity Club of Pattaya are very simple: Give a little bit back to those that need it!
Who Benefits From The Charity Club of Pattaya?
Anyone in need!
A representative from the Club will always visit the cause or the charity to determine its needs and ask for a ‘wish list’. All money raised goes towards the items on the ‘wish lists’ and nothing is taken out for admin costs or expenses as Malcolm and Christina personally cover the running overheads of the Club. They try to help different charities so that they don’t become committed to any one charity and that allows the money to be spread around, as Thailand has so many needy people.
Once a year they host a Charity Gala Dinner with a Grand Prize Draw and Auction and are extremely proud that to date they have raised and distributed 3,353,500 baht. The funds are used both directly to support individuals and to support other charity organisations in their fundraising activities.
Some of the projects helped by The Charity Club Of Pattaya are as follows:
- The School for the Deaf Pattaya.
- The Street Kids of Pattaya
- Wat Pong School
- The Masons Tsunami Appeal
- The Camillian Centre Rayong
- Scholarships For underprivileged Children at various schools in the area
- Children and Adults of Issan Wheelchair & Walking Aids Appeal
- The Charity Club of Pattaya’s Christmas Gift Appeal
- The Charity Club of Pattaya’s Annual Clothing & Blanket Appeal
- The Freemasons Charity Fund for the Hill Tribe Children
- Building a Kindergarten Classroom at the Wat Wang Wa Temple School in Klaeng
- The Mercy Center Pattaya
- The Rotary Club of Pattaya
- The Freemasons Lodge Pattaya West Winds
- Items for the Pattaya Orphanage
- Christmas Party and Gifts for the Children born with HIV/AIDS
- Organise trips for Children born with HIV/AIDS
- Supplying special food every 3 months for Children in Isaan with dietary problems
- Wheelchair and walking aid projects for the people of Isaan
- Building a house for a severely depressed mother and her young daughter in Isaan
- Providing a specialist wheelchair for a 15 year old severely disabled boy in Isaan
- Repairs to a school roof in Isaan
- Providing bicycles to a school in Isaan, so that children can attend school on a regular basis
- Donation to the Jaidee Appeal Rayong
- Donation to the Young PR Ambassador Project Pattaya
- On going medical, accommodation and travel expenses for a 2 year-old girl who fell into a fire and requires specialist treatment
- Donation to a school rebuilding project in Yasathorn
- Donation of Children’s wheelchairs to Able The Disabled in Pattaya
- Providing food parcels on a regular basis for the needy in Isaan
- Raising funds for the Prostheses Foundation in Chiang Mai supplying limbs for those who cannot afford prothesis aids
- Donation to the British Legion’s Poppy Appeals each year
Christina Boden (right) presenting Steve Carleton of Alan Bolton Property Consultants a certificate of appreciation for being a
Platinum Sponsor of their 2007 Gala Dinner
Christina Boden (left) presenting Alan Bolton of
Alan Bolton Property Consultants a certificate of appreciation for being a Platinum Sponsor of their 2008 Gala Dinner